What you will gain in the course:
- An introduction to Big Data and Analytics – Definitions, terms, history and trends
- Different stages of Analytics Maturity – An introduction to the stages of Analytics Maturity, and the different factors for building analytical capability
- An interactive session to assess your company’s Analytical Maturity on various aspects
- Analytics methods – Providing a basic understanding of analytics algorithms and techniques
- Added value for your organization – What can Big Data and Analytics do for your organization? Including examples in various application areas
- An approach to get from a business opportunity to an analytics solution, and six clear pointers to start developing a big data strategy for your own company
- Big Data technology – What are the challenges and opportunities of Big Data? An overview of Big Data technology, including data storage, distributed processing, analytical engines, resource management
- Law & Ethics – What should executives know to responsibly use big data and to avoid being caught in a scandal?
- Talent search and people development – How to find and enable the people you need?
- Analytics Workshop – A case exercise to apply the gained knowledge from this course and devise an analytics strategy
Who should join?
This course is designed for (project)managers, consultants, accountants, auditors, controllers and other professionals with a beginner level understanding of big data concepts. Join us and uncover how your company can gain a competitive advantage with big data.
If you are already experienced in data science, please contact us for more options on courses and programmes.
A selection of responses from our participants:
- “A great turbo lecture about big data from A till Z. Excellent!”
- “Nice to meet other people struggling with this topic”.
- “Good overview an in-depth examples from really experienced people.”
- “This Big Data course for managers gives you a good overview of all things involved: from vision and change management to techniques, legalisation and attracting and keeping the right talent!”
- “Stimulating introduction to a fascinating topic.”
This Big Data for Managers program took place multiple times. We welcomed senior managers from AEGON, SNS Bank, Nuon, RAI, Randstad, Jumbo, Airfrance-KLM, Nationale Nederlanden, PostNL, Shell, SVB, UWV, Staples, ABN AMRO, Evides, Dynniq, Rijksmuseum, Rabobank, De Goudse, Yarden, Vodafone, Ziggo, Ministry of Defence, and more. Read here about our first edition in March and a testimonial from a delegate of our second edition in June.