Why join the course Data Science Essentials?
What will you learn?
The goal of the course is to teach participants the practical and hands-on skills to conduct data science projects. We mainly focus on the practical and ‘hard’ skills like programming, statistics and machine learning, but will pay attention to the necessary soft skills as well. You will learn the key concepts for working with data and analytics techniques and grow the skills to efficiently run data science projects to answer the key questions of your business.
During this 8-day course you will acquire:
- the ability to handle structured and unstructured data;
- insights in judging the quality of data;
- skills to perform analysis on data;
- skills to report the results with clear visuals and storytelling.
This course is for business professionals who perform analyses of any form on data on a daily basis. The content is especially tailored to people who seek to get more from their data. A technical background or profound affinity is a prerequisite, since you will be learning a programming language and will be developing competences in advanced statistics. If you are not sure if your background fits the course, please contact us via Executive-Education@uva.nl.
- Day 1: Introduction to Data Science and AI
- Day 2: Python programming
- Day 3: Statistics for Data Science , Exploratory Analysis & Visualization
- Day 4: Business Questions & Project Management
- Day 5: Machine Learning
- Day 6: Model Performance, selection & tuning
- Day 7: Prescriptive analytics, operation research & optimization
- Day 8: Hackathon
Dates next course
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 November 2019
- Thursday 5 and Friday 6 December 2019
- Thursday 30 and Friday 31 January 2020
- Thursday 5 and Friday 6 March 2020
Times: 09.00 – 17.00